Next exam sessions:
- DELF & DALF Adults : 01-05 June. Register before 22 May.
Download here the full information & calendar for 2020 examinations
What are the DELF and the DALF?
The DELF and DALF are diplomas awarded by the French Ministry of Education to prove the French-language skills of non-French candidates.
There are six independent diplomas, which correspond, respectively, to the six levels of the Council of Europe' s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL).
Each DELF diploma will asses your four core language skills within a given level. Each DELF exam is made of :
1/ Listening Comprehension
2/ Reading Comprehension
3/ Written Production
4/ Speaking Interaction and Production
DALF Diplomas are also made of assessments on all language skills.
For detailed information about each level of these diplomas, visit the website of France Education International.
Click here for sample papers of the DELF on the website of France Education International.
Click here to download the pdf description of the DELF and DALF levels and examinations - very useful!
Who can take the diplomas?
- Anyone who is not a native French-speaker and who would like his/her French skills to be recognised for personal or professional purposes can take the exams.
Why sit for the DELF or the DALF?
- Personal challenge and confirmation of level
- Learn more about your strength and weaknesses within your own level
- These diplomas are recognised by French universities and the Grandes Ecoles as meeting French language requirements for entry. DELF B2 for undergraduate entry is usually required by French universities and a DALF C1 for postgraduate entry.
What diplomas should I take?
- The 6 DELF and DALF diplomas are independent from one another, so you can take the level of your choice. You can also sit the examination for a number of diplomas during the same examination session.
- If you are studying at Alliance or not, please refer to the level and examinations description on this link in order to decide which exam level you should sit for.
- Still, not sure what your level is? Take this free online self-assessment created by France Education International and RFI (page in French).
- Any further questions on your level, please contact Sophie on email@example.com
When and where are the examinations held?
DELF and DALF examinations are held at the Alliance Francaise de Brisbane in :
- May : Delf Junior
- June : Prim or Delf & Dalf Adult
- November : Prim or Junior or Delf & Dalf Adult
Download here the full calendar.
Why sit for the DELF or the DALF at Alliance in Brisbane?
- Alliance Francaise de Brisbane is the only DELF and DALF accredited examination centre in Queensland.
- Delf and Dalf examiners are trained regularly and have followed an assessor's training to be accredited by France Education International.
- All our examiners are qualified French as a foreign language teachers.
- They value each candidate and apply a can-do evaluation in a friendly, welcoming and reassuring evaluating style.
- All candidates that sit the DELF or the DALF at Alliance, as well as in the junior and prim sections, always have a great experience and want to sit for the next level as soon as they have progressed more in French.
How to prepare
Group courses: we offer collective courses from A1 to C1 levels, including DELF/DALF preparation courses during the school holidays. Not sure what your level is? Click here to fill in our quick online assessment and a tutor will contact you to discuss your course options.
Private tuition: personalised training and flexible scheduling, private tuition is a great way to get ready before your exam. Visit our private tuition page for more details or contact one of our receptionists at firstname.lastname@example.org and speak with Céline or Ange who will arrange your tuition.
Bonjour de France: online activities to prepare from DELF A1 to DALF C1.
TV5 Monde: online activities to practice French through videos, songs and articles, from A1 to B2.
CIEP bibliography: France Education International created a list of textbooks and online resources to prepare for DELF/DALF exams.
Our multimedia library and bookshop stock a variety of books to help you prepare for the DELF/DALF exams.
How do I enrol?
1. Read the important information about fees, session dates, terms and conditions here.
Please note that registrations close before each session and we cannot process your enrolment after closing dates.
2. Purchase your exam online - see below.
3. Fill in the form in word REGISTRATION_FORM_DELFDALF2020.docx
(18.1 KB) or
pdf REGISTRATION_FORM_DELFDALF2020.pdf (390.3 KB)
4. Email it back to email@example.com by the closing date.
Payment AND registration form have to be received by the closing date in order to validate your registration.
Purchase your exam below
` by Monsieur Graphic