Test d'Evaluation de Français
In partnership with the Paris Chamber of Commerce, the TEF aims to assess the French language fluency of non-native speakers (16 years old and more) of French.
- TEF assesses comprehension and communication skills
- TEF evaluates the performance of each candidate in these skills
- TEF provides a comprehensive and personalised analysis of results
- Non-French students to demonstrate their fluency in French when they seek admission to the "Grandes Ecoles" or to French or Francophone universities; or when they seek employment / promotion.
- Companies to recruit applicants objectively and efficiently on the basis of an internationally recognised test of their French.
- Those who wish to emigrate to Canada to gain necessary points
The Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry grants this certificate which is widely recognised by business and educational institutions.
STRUCTURE OF THE TEF:
3 sub-tests: (2½ hours) – fees $185
- Written comprehension
- Listening comprehension
- Grammatical structures and vocabulary
2 optional sub-tests:
- Written expression (60 mins) – fees $75
- Oral expression (35 mins) – fees $75
STRUCTURE OF THE TEFAQ QUEBEC:
2 sub-tests: (75 mins) – fees $185
- Listening comprehension
- Oral expression
Note that a surcharge of $80 will be charged when there are 3 or less people enrolled in the TEF or TEFAQ.
The Alliance Française de Brisbane offers French courses to prepare for the TEFAQ. Click here for further information or to enrol in the course.
DEADLINE TO ENROL
|TEF Monday 4 March
||TEF Monday 25 March
|TEFAQ Tuesday 5 March
||TEFAQ Tuesday 26 March
|TEF Monday 1 April
||TEF Monday 22 April
|TEFAQ Tuesday 2 April
||TEFAQ Tuesday 23 April
|TEF Monday 17 June
||TEF Monday 08 July
| TEFAQ Tuesday 18 June
||TEFAQ Tuesday 09 July
| TEF Monday 02 September
||TEF Monday 23 September
| TEFAQ Tuesday 03 September
||TEFAQ Tuesday 24 September
| TEF Monday 25 November
||TEF Monday 16 December
| TEFAQ Tuesday 26 November
||TEFAQ Tuesday 17 December
All tests start at 9.30 am. Candidates will be sent a convocation with precise times for their oral test after registrations have closed and at least 3 weeks before the test. Please arrange for a 9.30 am start and to arrive at least 15 minutes early with convocation and current picture ID (passport or Australian driving licence).
Download the registration form for TEF - Please ensure that you write very clearly and provide a passport photo
Download the registration form for TEFAQ Quebec - Please ensure that you write very clearly and provide a passport photo
Pay for your exam, click here. Please ensure that you also send the registration form with photo ID
- The compulsory and optional tests are required for immigration to Canada.
- The TEF/TEFAQ is valid for 1 year from the date of taking the test.
- You may take the TEF/TEFAQ as many times as you wish, but please note that the Canadian authorities will not accept the results of candidates who have already taken the test within the 3 months preceding the date of the new session.
- No refund or deferment is possible.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How long must I wait for the results?
One to two months. Certificates are collected from the examination centre where you took your test.
If I fail the examination, can I take it again?
The TEF is not an examination, rather an assessment test. You receive a score corresponding to your level. Yes, you can take the test again but you must wait at least 2 months from the date of taking it (3 months if you intend to migrate to Canada).
How long is the TEF assessment valid for?
One year after the date when it was taken, not from the date of the results being issued.
If I only take the compulsory tests, can I take the two optional tests afterwards?
Yes, you can take one or the other (or both). This test must take place within 365 days of your taking (not receiving the results of) the compulsory tests.
Where are the tests held?
At the Alliance Francaise de Brisbane 262 Montague Rd, West End, QLD