New! French In The CBD
Have you been wanting to learn French for a while but cannot make it to our West End premises?
The wait is over! We now have a classroom in the CBD, next to the Botanical Gardens.
What is this new course?
We now offer our best selling Elementary 1 course for Beginners in the CBD
We've got the perfect program to teach you the basics and beyond very well.
> Level required
Introductory course, no French required!
> Duration of the course:
20-hour course = 2. 5 hours over 8 weeks
> Date & Time:
You may choose from 2 evenings:
Tuesday 05:45 to 08:15 PM | 02 May to 20 June |
Thursday 05:45 to 08:15 PM | 04 May to 22 June |
> What will I learn?
- Greetings, introduce and meet someone,
- How to pronounce written French
- Approach someone and ask simple questions
- Masculine and feminine adjectives
- Verb être (to be)
- Verb avoir, numbers
- Conjugating er verbs type
- Talk about habits, suggest an outing, approach a passer-by, accept or refuse an interaction, say what you like to do, offer to do something,
- Definite article le and demonstrative adjective ce,
- Express an intention with aimer, vouloir in conditional
> Who will be teaching the class?
Loraine will be teaching the classes in the CBD. Loraine is a dedicated and highly qualified teacher with a passion for teaching. She is a native speaker of French and has taught French to English speakers in Australia and New Zealand.
> Course Fees text required
$475 (5% discount by 11 April and 10% with AF membership by early bird date)
$57 for texbook and DVD Rom Interactions 1 (please collect books in West End or call us to arrange otherwise). Af members also receive 10% discount on books.
2 Edward Street, (level 1), Brisbane
> Access to the building
2 Edward Street is located towards the Botanical Gardens. Please arrive on time and take the lift to level 1. Exit the lift and turn right towards the classroom (equipped with projector and board).
PLEASE NOTE THAT DOORS SHUT AT 6:10 PM SO PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU ARRIVE ON TIME FOR YOUR CLASS.